Not accepting PayPal as one of your methods of payments yet? Well, it’s time you reconsider it. PayPal with a current total number of 188 million users and 4.9 billion payments processed in 2015 is one of the most popular sites to securely, easily and quickly transfer money between people and businesses online as it offers a safe and real-time payment solution. So to help you make up your mind, we have listed the main reasons why you should now accept PayPal below.
- It’s easy: The site is probably one of the simplest ways to get started with your ecommerce and only requires a couple of minutes to set up your account. All you need at this step is a valid email address and a credit card.
- It’s free: Opening a basic PayPal account is free of charge and only takes 3.4% of each sale plus £20p per transaction when you receive less that £1,500 per month.
- It lowers your fees as your sales volume increase: If you receive more than £1,500 per month, you can be eligible to apply for PayPal’s Merchant Rate. Your fees can even be as low as 1,9% if you receive between £15,000.01 and £55,000 per month.
- It’s friendly: Setting up a basic account with PayPal doesn’t require any specific technology or business license.
- It’s secure: You don’t need to worry about secure server spaces, security certificates or fraud; PayPal manages this for you and guarantees 100% protection against unauthorized payments from your account.
- It’s flexible: Your clients don’t have to be PayPal members to pay for your products. The site allows any of your customers with a Visa, MasterCard, Amex or Discover card to pay via their platform without automatically becoming PayPal members.
- It can help you to grow your revenue: An average merchant can boost his business by 18% when he offers the PayPal option to his customers. Convenience here is a key element to revenue growth as your customers will be able to quickly order items to be sent to their address by simply logging in their email address and PayPal password.
- It’s convenient: You can collect money for your sales and receive notifications to help you to track and manage every time you receive funds via their app.
- PayPal can freeze your account: The site is owned by a private company. This means they don’t need for your permission or approval to freeze your account and hold your money until further notice if they suspect fraudulent activity. It might take some time until PayPal decides to unfreeze your account and release your funds.
Here at PushCommerce, we offer PayPal as a payment option among other accepted methods of payments so you can instantly get customer payments into your own PayPal account. Easy.
Don’t hesitate to follow us on Twitter and Instagram to get more free business tips, how-tos and inspirational resources.