Your Twitter profile can help drive more traffic to your online shop. Here are 6 easy ways to optimise your Twitter profile for eCommerce.
- Your Handle. Your Twitter handle – which is basically your username – needs to be recognisable, short, simple and easily memorable. Ideally, your handle should be your brand name. Don’t forget to keep it consistent with your other social media profiles.
- Your Profile Picture. Your profile picture is the image associated with your username. It has to reflect who you are as a brand. Keep in mind that your profile picture has to be high-quality and consistent with your branding.
- Your Header Image. Your header image will appear at the top of your Twitter profile. Again, it needs to fit with your brand and be eye-catching. It’s a great way to announce some sales or showcase your new products!
- Your Bio. Your bio sums up who you are as a brand on Twitter. Keep it short and clear, you only have 160 characters to describe your company… Consider your bio as a short elevator pitch that highlights what your business does, your mission etc. In your bio, you can also add specific links. For instance, if you’re promoting a new collection, you can add a specific link that redirect customers to your collection.
- Link. Underneath your bio, you can add a link to your online shop that users can follow to find out more about your products.
- Pinned Tweets. You can pin a tweet to the top of your Twitter profile. This pinned tweet will be the first tweet your audience sees. This can be a promotion, a new product etc.
Don’t hesitate to follow us on Facebook, Twitter and Instagram to get more free business tips, how-tos, and inspirational resources.